Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/09 22:33:58 UTC

Strange application deploy issue

Hi All,

Just a heads-up - I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I've
noticed some odd behaviour with TomEE. When it finishes starting on my
machine, every application then refreshes/redeploys. In my case my app fails
to deploy second time around. I dug a bit deeper and this seems to happen
when Tomcat detects a change to conf/web.xml which it checks for by
monitoring its timestamp. We always seem to delete this file in the
Installers class which is called by the Tomcat hook.

I've changed this so this file only gets overwritten if its content has
actually changed. Hopefully this won't cause any problems, but please say if
it does.

Cheers

Jon

Re: Strange application deploy issue

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Jonathan Gallimore
> <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just a heads-up - I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I've
> > noticed some odd behaviour with TomEE. When it finishes starting on my
> > machine, every application then refreshes/redeploys. In my case my app
> fails
> > to deploy second time around. I dug a bit deeper and this seems to happen
> > when Tomcat detects a change to conf/web.xml which it checks for by
> > monitoring its timestamp. We always seem to delete this file in the
> > Installers class which is called by the Tomcat hook.
> >
> > I've changed this so this file only gets overwritten if its content has
> > actually changed. Hopefully this won't cause any problems, but please say
> if
> > it does.
>
> You're the man! While debugging tomee I faced it a couple of times and
> didn't know why it happened this way. Thanks for the fix. It was one
> of the very few lately so much awaited and ultimately appreciated.

No problem, I'm glad it wasn't just me seeing it :)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
i had it and always set to false redeployable parameter on my context.

- Romain

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.