Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ja...@productive1.com on 2017/08/30 08:20:48 UTC

Live Ship Estimates

Team - I am trying to figure out live shipping estimates with Ofbiz.  I
see that I can set up the system to use live estimates from UPS and
Fedex.  In the store set up I can define what I want the uplift to be.
I have a few questions.  1. Typically we do not have weight or
dimensions at the time of order so it seems this wouldn't work.  I would
only have this information at the time of packing the order.  I see
there is an estimate shipping button when packing the order.  Does this
button take the package dimensions and estimate the total shipment.  So
my question...does the system allow me to estimate shipping on the sales
order based on other parameters like order total, quantity of products
etc and then allow me to get a live estimate when packing.  At the time
of packing I can see what we estimated vs actual estimates with weights
and dimensions and then choose which estimate to utilize?  What about
other parameters like insurance, hazmat requirements, etc

Thanks in advance

James