Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Amit Behera <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/07 14:59:49 UTC

How to do single user multiple access in hive

Hi users,

I have hive set up at multi node hadoop cluster.
I want to run multiple queries on top of a table from different machines.

So please help how to achieve multiple access on hive to run multiple
queries simultaneously.

Thanks
Amit

Re: How to do single user multiple access in hive

Posted by Devopam Mittra <de...@gmail.com>.
hi Amit,

Please go for the solution / design that suits your need and not exactly
just because someone(like me) suggested.

1. I presume you are using Hue for the ease and not really for any
particular technical reason.
2. Try installing Hive client on one of the machines that you have in your
cluster and see if you can safely switch over to it without major
disruptions (yes, there is a bit of learning needed, since Hue has
suggestive UI features to guide you and client is pure terminal based). If
this works, then try installing hive cli / client in all the machines that
you would want to use to fire queries. Some reference :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveClient#HiveClient-CommandLine
This should be trivial if you have ambari based installation. Else also,
there is not much configuration required to install and use.
3. Here is the answer to your query :
http://cloudera.github.io/hue/docs-3.6.0/user-guide/oozie.html , should you
want to implement oozie.
4. Despite my suggestion, please don't go to oozie or any other technology
unless you have a well defined need for it. Else the burden of additional
learning and impact on existing work is overwhelming at times and derails
the motive.

regards
Devopam

regards