Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Moksedul Alam <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2013/06/06 14:50:57 UTC

Unknown session exception while doing login / logout in case of a timedout session

Hi,

We are having a problem when login and/or logout a user whose session is
expired. If a user session, managed by shiro is expired, when logout of
the user of login from a different place an UnknownSessionException is
thrown. From the stacktraces we have an impression that, the
authentication completes completely but there are some post login/logout
tasks which try to retrieve the old expired session causing this exception.

We are using shiro 1.2.2.

I have found some threads regarding this
http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/UnknownSessionException-when-calling-logout-method-using-Shiro-s-built-in-session-management-td7578804.html
http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/What-might-cause-an-UnknownSessionException-td7578179.html

It would be nice, if someone could suggest a workaround.

Thanks and Best Regards,
/Dewan