Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by "Li, Yuliang" <YL...@ndsuk.com> on 2008/05/14 16:05:55 UTC

jre1.6.0_02 don't support Lateral UDP Discovery

Hi all:
As a new people for JCS, I tried a Lateral TCP Cache and Lateral UDP
Discovery. And I have got a very interesting result.

This is the testing environment:
I created a server and a client (on the same machine). Server provides
the function for user to create objects through the command line. The
object will be saved to the disk (block disk cache) and also be
distributed to the client by using the TCP lateral cache. The client is
running on jre1.6.0_05. The server will be running on different versions
of JRE (jre1.6.0_02, jre1.6.0_03, and jre1.6.0_05).

I tried the Lateral TCP Cache first. No problem at all! The objects
created from the server will be automatically cached to the client.

Then I tried the Lateral UDP Discovery. If the server is running on
jre1.6.0_03 or jre1.6.0_05, there is no problem. But if the server is
running on jre1.6.0_02, the objects can not be distributed to the
client.

The logging results are below:
14-May-2008 14:47:38
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPSender init
INFO: Attempting connection to [UKDTLIY.UK.NDS.COM]
14-May-2008 14:47:43
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPService <init>
SEVERE: Could not create sender to [172.20.110.79:8880] -- Socket is
null, cannot connect to 172.20.110.79:8880
14-May-2008 14:47:43
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPCacheManager
fixService
SEVERE: Can't fix Socket is null, cannot connect to 172.20.110.79:8880
14-May-2008 14:47:43
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheRestore canFix
SEVERE: Can't fix Can't fix Socket is null, cannot connect to
172.20.110.79:8880
14-May-2008 14:48:03
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheMonitor run
INFO: LateralCacheManager.instances.size() = 1
14-May-2008 14:48:03
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheMonitor run
INFO:
 1- mgr.getCaches().size() = 2
14-May-2008 14:48:03
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheMonitor run
INFO: found LateralCacheNoWait in error,  LateralCacheNoWait  Status = 3
cache = [
 LateralCache
 Cache Name [DogCache]
 cattr =  [172.20.110.79:8880:8888]]

It looks that the server cannot build the TCP connection.
This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only.  Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and destroy the original message.  Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored.  NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free.  Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission.  You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.

NDS Limited Registered office: One Heathrow Boulevard, 286 Bath Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0DQ, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales  Registered no. 3080780   VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00