Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Ru...@sonynetservices.com on 2002/01/28 11:29:41 UTC

Port number in Host Header

Hi All,

  I'm using SOAP in an environment that needs the port number to appear in
the Host field of the HTTP Header of every request. I found that SOAP used
to have this feature in the past, (file HttpUtils) but it was removed in
revision 1.18:

<!--StartFragment-->
           .append(Constants.HEADER_HOST).append(": ").append(url.getHost
())
-          .append(':').append(port).append("\r\n")
+          // .append(':').append(port)
+          .append("\r\n")
           .append(Constants.HEADER_CONTENT_TYPE).append(": ")
 <!--EndFragment-->

  Do any of you know if there is a reason for that change? Was it causing
problems the port number in the header? I've had to create a patch for my
system... I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem...

  Thanks,

   Ruben