Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by SvS <Du...@solcon.nl> on 2014/03/10 22:57:39 UTC

Feature validation did not use jre properties?

I try to validate my feature with version 2.3.3. But the validator did not
use the jre.properties. So the validator can't find packages like
'javax.xml'.

When I install the feature in karaf, everything work fine.

What do I wrong / or is it an issue?

Thanks,
Sam.

Re: Feature validation did not use jre properties?

Posted by SvS <Du...@solcon.nl>.
JIRA item created: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-2837 : The
config.properties in features-maven-plugin is out-of-data.

Re: Feature validation did not use jre properties?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yeah, please create a jira, the config.properties in features-maven-plugin is out-of-data
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

Posted by SvS <Du...@solcon.nl>.
Hi,

Maybe you are right. But when I run it in karaf there is no problem. I would
not expect that.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Is there any bundle in your feature Import-Package javax.xml.bind* not compatible with the one exported by config.properties? What's it like? You may need change your bundle OSGi header accordingly.
As the features-maven-plugin:validation is to validate the feature can deploy into Karaf correctly so we need keep it same as the karaf configuration
-------------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Good catch. I will fix that.

Regards
JB

On 03/12/2014 10:59 AM, SvS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank all for the reactions!
>
> Indeed, but my assumption was that the default would be good for me. But the
> default config contains only jre-1.5.
>
> Also, the following go wrong:
> Bundle contains:
>    Import-Package: javax.xml.bind ...
> jre.properties contains:
>    javax.xml.bind, version = "2.2.1", \
>    javax.xml.bind.annotation, version = "2.2.1", \
>
> This results in a validation error, but runtime (in Karaf) there is no
> problem.
>
> Shall I create a JIRA issue for both?
>
> Regards,
> Sam.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Feature validation did not use jre properties?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For the validation mojo, you can specify a karafConfig configuration for the plugin, where you can include the jre.properties

see the related code

/**
     * Karaf config.properties
     *
     * @parameter default-value="config.properties"
     */
    private String karafConfig;
-------------

Posted by SvS <Du...@solcon.nl>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Sam,

You mean using the feature-maven-plugin (validate goal) ?

Regards
JB

On 03/10/2014 10:57 PM, SvS wrote:
> I try to validate my feature with version 2.3.3. But the validator did not
> use the jre.properties. So the validator can't find packages like
> 'javax.xml'.
>
> When I install the feature in karaf, everything work fine.
>
> What do I wrong / or is it an issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré