Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Vanshul.Chawla" <Va...@target.com> on 2016/03/29 14:31:13 UTC

Camel 2.17 Kafka SSL Producer and Consumer

Hello All,

When I start my producer and consumer for a SSL enabled topic, I get following warning and it doesn't produce or consume anything.

[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.truststore.password = changeit was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.keymanager.algorithm = SunX509 was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration sasl.kerberos.ticket.renew.jitter = 0.05 was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration sasl.kerberos.ticket.renew.window.factor = 0.8 was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration sasl.kerberos.kinit.cmd = /usr/bin/kinit was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.enabled.protocols = TLSv1.2,TLSv1.1,TLSv1 was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.keystore.location = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75\jre\lib\security\cacerts was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.truststore.location = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75\jre\lib\security\cacerts was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.keystore.password = changeit was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.protocol = TLS was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration sasl.kerberos.min.time.before.relogin = 60000 was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.trustmanager.algorithm = PKIX was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.truststore.type = JKS was supplied but isn't a known config.
[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ConsumerConfig                 WARN  The configuration ssl.keystore.type = JKS was supplied but isn't a known config.

What can be issue here?

Vanshul

Re: Camel 2.17 Kafka SSL Producer and Consumer

Posted by Gerard Klijs <ge...@dizzit.com>.
I was able to consume, using ssl and the schema registry. I however did not
get the messages which where produced before I started the consuming, this
is because it default to 'auto.offset.reset = latest', this is a Camel
default, which you can change by adding 'autoOffsetReset=earliest' to the
properties when creating the endpoint. Maybe that will solve your problem?

The route:

public void configure() {
    from("kafka:192.168.99.100:9093?topic=" + TOPIC + "&"
            + "groupId=testgroup&"
            + "valueDeserializer="+CamelKafkaAvroDeserializer.class.getName()+"&"
            + "keyDeserializer="+ StringDeserializer.class.getName()+"&"
            + "brokers=192.168.99.100:9093&"
            + "securityProtocol=SSL&"
            + "sslKeyPassword=notsecret&"
            + "sslKeystoreLocation=/cert/client/client.keystore.jks&"
            + "sslKeystorePassword=notsecret&"
            + "sslTruststoreLocation=/cert/client/client.truststore.jks&"
            + "sslTruststorePassword=notsecret")
    .marshal(getCastor())
    .to("file:target/kafkadata?noop=true");
}

And the specific Deserializer to bypass the Schema Registry Url problem:

/**
 * needed because the schema registry url can't be passed to camel
 */
public class CamelKafkaAvroDeserializer extends
AbstractKafkaAvroDeserializer implements Deserializer<Object> {

    private static final List<String> SCHEMA_REGISTRY_URL =
Collections.singletonList("http://192.168.99.100:8081");

    @Override
    protected void configure(KafkaAvroDeserializerConfig config) {
        try {
            this.schemaRegistry = new
CachedSchemaRegistryClient(SCHEMA_REGISTRY_URL, Integer.MAX_VALUE);
            this.useSpecificAvroReader = true;
        } catch (ConfigException e) {
            throw new
org.apache.kafka.common.config.ConfigException(e.getMessage());
        }
    }

    @Override
    public void configure(Map<String, ?> configs, boolean isKey) {
        configure(null);
    }

    @Override
    public Object deserialize(String s, byte[] bytes) {
        return deserialize(bytes);
    }

    @Override
    public void close() {
    }
}

Posted by "Vanshul.Chawla" <Va...@target.com>.
Sure Thanks.

[...]

timeout.ms config is deprecated and will be removed soon. Please use request.timeout.ms

Posted by Gerard Klijs <ge...@dizzit.com>.

Posted by "Vanshul.Chawla" <Va...@target.com>.