Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2012/03/28 19:26:04 UTC

Testing MXMLC (was Re: Here Comes MXMLC!)

On 3/28/12 1:41 AM, "Martin Heidegger" <mh...@leichtgewicht.at> wrote:

> On 28/03/2012 15:39, Alex Harui wrote:
>> I'm not quite sure what you meant by test data, but I don't think we
>> have anything to offer at this time.
> Its a compiler
>
> <take source files> mangle them <output binaries>
>
> I'd assume that a test case, for the I/O exists but judging from your
> answer I guess they were made at
> a different level.
I'm not well-versed on exactly how the compiler folks were doing there
testing, but in a tests folder we could not donate, it appeared that there
were several small source files, but it appeared that they all came from
Tamarin, so we cannot take them at Apache.

BTW, is it sufficient to test the compiler simply by
source->compile->verify-output?  Should junit be involved somehow?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

RE: Testing MXMLC (was Re: Here Comes MXMLC!)

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
>I'm not well-versed on exactly how the compiler folks were doing there testing, but in a tests folder we could not donate, it appeared that there were several small source files, but it appeared that they all came >from Tamarin, so we cannot take them at Apache.

Ah, I bet I know what they were doing.

Take a look here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Tamarin/Tamarin_Acceptance_Testing

and in particular here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Tamarin/Tamarin_Acceptance_Testing/Running_Tamarin_acceptance_tests

They are building with their compiler and running the tamarin acceptance tests. If they pass, it means they generated viable abc for the ActionScript input.

Clever,
Mike