Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2003/09/04 17:45:01 UTC

Re: JXTemplate: execution of Nodes resulting from JXPath expressions

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 06:51, Christopher Oliver wrote:
> My original intention in "evaluating" the DOM object was to support the
> macro factility in JXTemplate. But in its current state the macro
> facility is pretty much useless.

Why exactly useless? I haven't used it yet but is seems like something
useful. Doesn't it work?

>  So I'm +1 on removing <macro>
> completely and changing the code to simply stream DOM objects as SAX
> events. Do you want to make that change? If so, please go ahead.
> Otherwise let me know and I'll do it when I have time.

If you could do it, that would be very nice. I don't need it done
urgently.

Re: JXTemplate: execution of Nodes resulting from JXPath expressions

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 06:51, Christopher Oliver wrote:
>

>>My original intention in "evaluating" the DOM object was to support the
>>macro factility in JXTemplate. But in its current state the macro
>>facility is pretty much useless.
>>

>Why exactly useless? I haven't used it yet but is seems like something
>useful. Doesn't it work?
>

>> So I'm +1 on removing <macro>
>>completely and changing the code to simply stream DOM objects as SAX
>>events. Do you want to make that change? If so, please go ahead.
>>Otherwise let me know and I'll do it when I have time.
>>

>If you could do it, that would be very nice. I don't need it done
>urgently.

What would be interesting is to mimic the behaviour of <xsp:expr> :
there are a number or rules that lead to the production of XML content
(see XSPHelper), which include checking if the expression result is a
DOM node or implements XMLizable.

Sylvain