Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by stlecho <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/18 13:41:06 UTC

XML mail message gets forwarded as a mail attachment

Hi,

I've defined a proxy that is able to poll incoming mails from
mail1@domain.com and forward them to mail2@domain.com.

When sending a text message to mail1@domain.com, the text message is
forwarded as such to mail2@domain.com. When sending an XML message to
mail1@domain.com, the XML message is forwarded as an attachment to
mail2@domain.com.

Is this difference in behavior explicitly implemented like this ? If yes,
why ?

PS: If the XML message contains a SOAP Envelope, the attachment has XML as
extension. If the XML message contains a dummy xml message, the attachment
has ATT as extension.

Regards, Stefan Lecho.

Re: XML mail message gets forwarded as a mail attachment

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.
Stefan,

My guess is that the message is transformed by a mail gateway or spam
filter before arriving in the recipient's mailbox.

Andreas