Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Miller, John" <jm...@litle.com> on 2006/01/05 19:23:51 UTC

Problem with the PagedListDataModel from WIKI

Has anyone seen a problem like this? Any help would be greatly
appreciated! I have a dataTable/dataScroller combo Here is some of the
code

<t:commandButton value="Update Event Status" />

<t:buffer into="#{eventTable}">

            <t:dataTable id="events" value="#{eventDataList.data}"
var="event"

            <h:commandLink action="event-detail">

                  <t:updateActionListener property="#{eventData}"
value="#{event}" />

                  <f:verbatim>

                        <h:outputText value="#{event.eventId}" />

                  </f:verbatim>

            </h:commandLink>

            <h:column>

                  <f:facet name="header">

                        <h:outputText value="Status" />

                  </f:facet>

                  <t:selectOneMenu value="#{event.eventStatus}"

                        valueChangeListener="#{event.updateStatus}">

                        <f:selectItems value="#{eventData.statusItems}"
/>

                  </t:selectOneMenu>

            </h:column>

All this code works Great, paging works great, but I need to implement
the PagedListDataModel because the events table is ~2M records

I implemented the PagedListDataModel Successfully from the following
WIKI page:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/WorkingWithLargeTables

Everything with Paging and viewing looks great, however now neither the
valueChangeListener="#{event.updateStatus}" nor the

<h:commandLink action="event-detail">

                  <t:updateActionListener property="#{eventData}"
value="#{event}" />

work.

I have narrowed it down to I think the Validation Phase of the DataTable
is failing, the behavior is to return to current page with the model
unchanged.

 Does anyone have any thoughts???

NOTICE:  This message, including all attachments transmitted with it, is for the use of the addressee only. It may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged information belonging to Litle & Co. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message.  If you believe you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies of it from your system and notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail.  Thank you.