Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <lg...@apache.org> on 2009/05/21 12:48:58 UTC

"conditional" form validators (nested forms issue)

Hello,

say i have a small form :

   * first name - text field required
   * last name - text field required
   * phone no - text field required
   * submit button to add new contact

everything works fine until I put the form into a wizard step. It turns
out that wizard itself is a form. So now we have :

wizard
   - some refreshing view
   - add contact form
     * first name - text field required
     * last name - text field required
     * phone no - text field required
     * submit button to add new contact
   - wizard navigation buttons

Pressing wizard "Next" button makes addContactForm validate which raises
  required text fields errors. You cannot leave the step.

Is there a way to fire form/field validators only if a specific button
has been pressed?
	lg

--
Leszek Gawron

Re: "conditional" form validators (nested forms issue)

Posted by mallet <ry...@gmail.com>.
Check out this: http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/conditional-validation.html

We frequently override the isRequired method of individual fields on a form
so that they are only required in the event that a specific button was
clicked, or a specific class of button.  For instance, you could tag your
submit buttons with IRequireFields, and then just check in the isRequired
method of each formcomponent.
e.g.:
TextField txt = new TextField("txtfield", model) {
  public boolean isRequired() {
    return findParent(Form.class).getRootForm().findSubmittingButton()
instanceof IRequireFields;
  }
}

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.