Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kevin <ke...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/10 23:59:02 UTC

Coprocessor thread safety

Hi,

When a region is loaded with a coprocessor (by loading the coprocessor to a
table), is an instance opened on each region immediately and then waits to
be executed? I ask because I am thinking about using some static variables
with my postPut RegionObservers and I am not sure if I need to have a lock
around the use of the static variables. If multiple threads are running and
each thread is putting data to the same region, then I definitely need a
lock around the static variables or make the postPut() synchronized,
correct?

-Kevin