Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2014/08/26 02:40:07 UTC

Re: pass new job name to tez

Hi guys,

I am still struggling with finding a way to specify a job name in the hive query and propagate that name in Tez dag. For example my hive script is named query55.

Do you know a way I can pass this name to be available in Tez dag ?

Navis suggested to look at hive.query.id. I tried in my query55.sql to do a set hive.query.id=query55; but the name did not change actually.

Did someone try this before, or have more suggestions about an easy way to do it ?

Actually what I want to achieve here is to correlate a tez dag with a query name. So have a tez dag name to be specified by the user, and hence comes through the hive query.

Thanks,
Robert

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:56 PM, Navis류승우 <na...@nexr.com> wrote:

In GenTezProcContext, you can find "new TezWork(conf.getVar(HiveConf.ConfVars.HIVEQUERYID))" part. And the final name is name + ":" + (++counter);

Thanks,
Navis

Hi guys,

>I am trying to identify a DAG in Tez with a different id, based on job
name(for e.g. query55.sql from hive-testbench) + input size.

>So my new identifier should be for example query55_2048MB. It seems that a DAG in tez, already takes a name which comes from a jobPlan.getName()
passed through google protobuf thing. Because the DAG is generated in Hive, I think the new identifier should come from Hive right ?

Re: pass new job name to tez

Posted by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com>.
I created another variable hive.job.name and set it from sql script and works.

Thanks,
Robert