Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Graham Anderson <gr...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/02 06:22:32 UTC

Noob: svnserve error when checking out

I am just starting out with subversion....
I am having trouble getting svnserve to work properly

I imported my project on my remote server with:
svn import /tmp/scg file:///usr/local/svn/repository/scg -m "scg
Please Work"

Then, I tried to check out the project:
svn checkout svn+ssh://www.mydomain.com/usr/local/svn/repository/scg

I got the error:
bash: svnserve: command not found
subversion/libsvn_ra_svn/marshal.c:255: (apr_err=210002)
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

If I enter svnserve -i, I get:
( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS ) ( edit-pipeline ) ) )

I also added the below to /etc/services
svn 3690/tcp # Subversion
svn 3690/udp # Subversion

any help is appreciated

Re: Noob: svnserve error when checking out

Posted by Andrew Melo <an...@world-of-frags.com>.
Graham Anderson wrote:
> For some reason, I get an error when entering:
> svnserve -d
> Can't bind server socket: Address already in use

Perhaps, it might already be running. You can skip that step in that case.

Re: Noob: svnserve error when checking out

Posted by Graham Anderson <gr...@gmail.com>.
For some reason, I get an error when entering:
svnserve -d
Can't bind server socket: Address already in use

Could this be because I added the below to /etc/services/

Posted by Graham Anderson <gr...@gmail.com>.
when I enter the below from my local computer:
svn co svn://www.mydomain.com/usr/local/svn/repository/socalgraph

I get the error:
subversion/svnserve/serve.c:1960: (apr_err=210005)
svn: No repository found in 'svn://www.mydomain.com/usr/local/svn/
repository/socalgraph'

On the remote server, I CAN 'check out' the project:
svn checkout file:///usr/local/svn/repository/socalgraph/trunk /home/
webmaster/socalgraph-svn

When trying to check out from my local computer, it fails

what could it be ?

Posted by Andrew Melo <an...@world-of-frags.com>.

Posted by Graham Anderson <gr...@siren.cc>.
Also: