Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/08 17:36:47 UTC

Home for Apache Big Data Solutions?

Hi all,
My name is Amir Sanjar, Big Data Solution Development Lead at Canonical. My
team has been developing various Big Data solutions build on top of Apache
Hadoop projects (i.e. Hadoop, Hive, Pig,..) . We would like to contribute
these pure open source solutions to the Apache community. I wish to propose
creating an apache project to house all big data solutions regardless of
orchestration tool (i.e. Juju, Ambari, Chef, ClouderaManager, Docker, ...),
any suggestions ?

Regards
Amir Sanjar
Big Data Solution Lead
Canonical

Re: Home for Apache Big Data Solutions?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Amir,

do you already have a kind of proposal/description of your projects ?
Is it like distribution, or tooling ?
What's the current license ?

(by the way, I know Juju as I created some charms for it).

Thanks,
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Home for Apache Big Data Solutions?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Amir,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Home for Apache Big Data Solutions?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Amir,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Home for Apache Big Data Solutions?

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Bigtop.. Yup!

Mr Asanjar : why don't you post an email about what your doing on the Apache bigtop list, we'd love to hear from you.

There could possibly  be some overlap and our goal is to plumb the hadoop ecosystem as well

> On Feb 9, 2015, at 4:41 PM, Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I believe Apache Bigtop is what you're looking for.
>
> Artem Ervits
>
>> On Feb 9, 2015 8:15 AM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>> Hi Amir,
>>
>> thanks for the update.
>>
>> Please, let me know if you need some help on the proposal and to "qualify" your ideas.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>>> On 02/09/2015 02:05 PM, MrAsanjar . wrote:
>>> Hi Chris,
>>> thanks for the information, will get on it ...
>>>
>>> Hi JB
>>> Glad that you are familiar with Juju, however my personal goal is not to
>>> promote any tool but
>>> to take the next step, which is to build a community for apache big data
>>> solutions.
>>>
>>>  >>do you already have a kind of proposal/description of your projects ?
>>> working on it :) I got the idea while flying back from South Africa on
>>> Saturday. During my trip I noticed most of the communities spending
>>> their precious resources on solution plumbing, without much of emphasis
>>> on solution best practices due to the lack of expertise. By the time
>>> Big Data solution framework becomes operational, funding has diminished
>>> enough to limit solution activity (i.e data analytic payload
>>> development). I am sure we could find
>>> similar scenarios with  other institutions and SMB (small and
>>> medium-size businesses) anywhere.
>>> In the nutshell my goals are as follow:
>>> 1) Make Big Data solutions available to everyone
>>> 2) Encapsulate the best practices
>>> 3) All Orchestration tools are welcomed - Some solutions could have
>>> hybrid tooling model
>>> 4) Enforce automated testing and quality control.
>>> 5) Share analytic payloads (i.e mapreduce apps, storm topology, Pig

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Bigtop.. Yup!

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Bigtop.. Yup!