Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by abhishek jain <ma...@ejain.com> on 2006/09/17 16:21:59 UTC

Embperl and modperl

Hi Friends,
I am a bit confused in relation between embperl and modperl , i wanted to
know that if i made an application in embperl than can it use the features
of modperl by itself.Or that we need to write some extra code to make the
application as eficient as in modperl be.

Pl. if possible do send me some links with the tutorials also. Both or
embperl and modperl.
Thanks,
Abhishek jain

Re: Embperl and modperl

Posted by Angus Lees <gu...@inodes.org>.
On 9/17/06, abhishek jain <ma...@ejain.com> wrote:

> Hi Friends,
> I am a bit confused in relation between embperl and modperl , i wanted to
> know that if i made an application in embperl than can it use the features
> of modperl by itself.Or that we need to write some extra code to make the
> application as eficient as in modperl be.

The short version is: yes, when run via modperl (ie: not CGI), embperl is
able to take advantage of the possibilities modperl offers.

--
- Gus