Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cyril Spiro <sp...@tampabay.rr.com> on 2009/02/11 23:59:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache gets slow until restart - why?

Hi,

We are running a web app written in perl via Apache 2.0 on Linux RHEL4
within an intranet.  Users complained that the app performance was slower
than usual.   After testing everything from the network to the server
drives, we found that the solution is to restart apache.  Every time users
report performance problems and we restart Apache the users state that the
app is very fast again for a day or so.

How would you recommend that we begin our search to figure out why
restarting Apache is improving performance.

Thanks!

spiroc