Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@ibm.net> on 2000/06/26 15:42:43 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/mpm/beos beos.c

> From: dreid@locus.apache.org
> Date: 26 Jun 2000 13:26:23 -0000
>
> dreid       00/06/26 06:26:22
>
>   Modified:    src/modules/mpm/beos beos.c
>   Log:
>   Large tidy up of the beos mpm.  this brings in a lot of the changes that
>   have been made to dexter and mpmt_pthread and adds more support for graceful
>   restarts.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.3       +104 -83   apache-2.0/src/modules/mpm/beos/beos.c
>
>   +    (void)ap_get_os_sock(&csd, sock);
>   +
>   +    if (csd >= FD_SETSIZE) {
>   +        ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOERRNO|APLOG_WARNING, 0, NULL,
>   +            "filedescriptor (%u) larger than FD_SETSIZE (%u) "
>   +            "found, you probably need to rebuild Apache with a "
>   +            "larger FD_SETSIZE", csd, FD_SETSIZE);
>   +        ap_close_socket(sock);
>   +	    return;
>   +    }

Just to be ornery...

There is certainly goodness associated with retaining familiar
messages (hey, you can even Google for it), but the old message is
keyed to the old invalid check (csd > FD_SETSIZE).

The person that sees something like "filedescriptor (1024) larger than
FD_SETSIZE (1024) found..." may get confused about what the problem
really is (is the comparison wrong or is the message wrong?).

Have fun...

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/mpm/beos beos.c

Posted by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>.
No problem.  I'm in the midst of cleaning up a few things so I'll add it to
the list.

david