Posted to user@ant.apache.org by kaladharan dharan <k_...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/26 05:22:40 UTC

help with cruise control

Hi all, I would like to know what is cruise control
about ? What does it offer ? Why would you have it ?
Is it ant based ? Can someone share the snippets of
it, with me ? thanks.

Re: help with cruise control

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 25, 2003, at 11:22 PM, kaladharan dharan wrote:
> Hi all, I would like to know what is cruise control
> about ? What does it offer ?

You should find most of your answers here:
<http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/>

>  Why would you have it ?

Because building your project from the repository is important, and
getting rapid feedback really helps by letting developers know right
away they "broke the build" by forgetting to check in a file, or making
an incompatible change that may work on their machine but not when all
the code is "integrated".

> Is it ant based ? Can someone share the snippets of
> it, with me ? thanks.

It runs Ant build files, yes.  But is flexible enough to run other
things if you choose.

Let me also refer you to a CruiseControl competitor that is quite nice,
Anthill: <http://www.urbancode.com/projects/anthill/default.jsp>
I've found Anthill to be much easier to install and configure.

	Erik