Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Nicolas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/13 21:06:09 UTC

Custom Lessening Handler/Adapter/Gateway

Hi all,

Firstly, my apologies if this question has been asked and answered multiple
times.

I am evaluating a number of EMSs, ESBs and SOA stacks, both non-free and
F/OSS.

We are using a proprietary, in-house developed messaging layer developed 10
years ago, with a few bug fixes since then (yeh, don't say a thing about
that, I've only been there 6 months). Our system vaguely resembles SOA.

I want to attach one of our clients and services to QPid, without having to
recompile them (the coupling and cohesion is way too tight for a basic
evaluation)

I want to create a message handler/adapter to attach to QPid that talks our
protocols, doing the necessary translation. Is this possible? How?
The only other option is to create a separate gateway that does the
translation, linking QPid with our broker.

Thank you in advance,
/~Nicolas

RE: RE: Custom Lessening Handler/Adapter/Gateway

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Ah, I get it - thanks.

For the module extending qpid, you can write a plug-in but, as you note,
there are no API-level docs for that. You'd have to read the existing
plug-in code (the message stores are plug-ins, as is , I believe, the
SSL module on Linux). But you'd then have to interact with queues and
exchanges from inside the broker environment and I would not want to try
that, especially for an experiment to see if qpid works. I recommend the
separate process route.

-Steve

Posted by Nicolas <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

> Firstly, my apologies if this question has been asked and
> answered multiple times.

No problem. And welcome.