Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by hb...@softhome.net on 2005/06/14 06:42:27 UTC

reconnectonerror

Hi,

log4net 1.2.9

I want to understand the behaviour of adonetappender with "reconnectonerror"
property set to true for following scenarios..

1) When I call XMLCOnfigurator.Configure and at that time database is down
 1.1 What happens to subsequent log calls on that adonetappender?
 1.2 Will the appender keep trying to connect in an endless loop?

2) When I call XMLCOnfigurator.Configure and at that time database is up but
later it goes down
 2.1 What happens to subsequent log calls on that adonetappender?
 2.2 Will the appender keep trying to connect in an endless loop?

Thanks,
Hemant