Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott Seidl <ap...@worldnet.att.net> on 2002/04/21 19:07:44 UTC

FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

Re: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

Posted by "Jack L. Stone" <ja...@sage-one.net>.
At 09:14 AM 4.24.2002 +0200, Owen Boyle wrote:
>Scott Seidl wrote:
>>
>> I tried using the ip of 127.0.0.1 which is the IP that is given by my
>> Windows 2000 box for my Linux box and received no result for either http or
>> https.
>
>This isn't right. 127.0.0.1 on ALL systems (linux or windows) is a
>loopback address (localhost). i.e. it is an IP address which allows
>processes on the same machine to communicate. It can NEVER be used
>across a network.
>
>> I then tried the assigned by my ISP (yes I am still on Dial Up),
>> which at the time was 192.168.0.171.  The http request worked fine, but
>> again the https request did not.  I tried both the https and
>> http://192.168.0.171:443 and neither ssl request worked.
>
>It seems that you are simply not listening to port 443. To check this do
>"# netstat -a | grep 443" and look for a process binding to 443.
>
>You are starting apache with SSL, I hope (i.e. apachectl startSSL or
>httpd -DSSL or something - you have to pass the environment variable
>"SSL" to apache if you use <IfDefine>).
>
>Rgds,
>
>Owen Boyle.

Or try this to see all ports listening:
# netstat -na | grep LIST

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone
Server Admin

RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

Posted by Scott Seidl <ap...@worldnet.att.net>.
Doh, do I feel like an idiot right now.  I had the Red Hat firewall set to
the highest level, so the request to port 443 was never making it through.

Thanks for all the ideas though.

Scott

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
Hi Scott,

RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
Scott,

Re: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.

RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

Posted by Scott Seidl <ap...@worldnet.att.net>.
I used the url of https://isaartrailriders.dyndns.org which I have as a
domain name (along with localhost.localdomain) of the computer, and that
worked fine.  I then tried accessing the same url from my windows box and it
did not work, even though I have a dynamic dns entry that keeps the ip to
that address up-to-date.  Could there be a conflict since I have both (the
server and dyndns entry as isaartrailriders.dyndns.org)

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.

RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

Re: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.