Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kate deBethune <kd...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/30 22:43:04 UTC

newbie question

Hi,

I have been able to set up the SOLR demo environment as described in SOLR
3.6.1 tutorial:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api-3_6_1/doc-files/tutorial.html.

Actually, I set it up while it was still SOLR 3.6.0.

The developer I am working with has created a custom SOLR instance using
3.6.1 and has packaged it up in the same manner as the demo. However, when
I run the java -jar start.jar command in the example directory of my SOLR
3.6.1 instance and I open the admin interface on my local host:
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/, the admin webpage points to the 3.6.0
instance.  The log says something like the JVM is already in use for port
8983.

How can I open my 3.6.1 instance?

I hope this question is not too elementary.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Kate

AW: newbie question

Posted by Markus Klose <mk...@shi-gmbh.com>.
You can add the parameter -Djetty.port=8984 to start your second solr on port 8984.

	java -Djetty.port=8984  -jar start.jar

Viele Grüße aus Augsburg

Markus Klose
SHI Elektronische Medien GmbH