Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Jan Andersson <ja...@minq.se> on 2005/03/07 10:33:00 UTC

[mina] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Has anyone seen the following exception being thrown by Mina:

java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the
software in your host machine
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:25)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:233)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:200)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:207)
        at
org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.java:
242)
        at
org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor.processSessions(SocketIoProc
essor.java:216)
        at
org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor.access$300(SocketIoProcessor
.java:41)
        at
org.apache.mina.io.socket.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProcessor
.java:496)

I get this (occasionally) for a Mina based server when running quite a
lot of
clients (5-6000). The server is using Java 1.5 and running on a windows
box.

/Janne

Re: [mina] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:24:37 +0100, Jan Andersson <ja...@minq.se> wrote:

> >> I can't see any way to set the socket timeout in Mina though?
> >> Is there a way or do I have to change the Mina source directly?
> >
> > You'll have to down-cast your SessionConfig to SocketSessionConfig.
>
> Still don't see any setSoTimeout() or similar in SocketSessionConfig?
> May be I'm blind? ;)

Oops, yes, you're right. I was thinking wrong.  There is no SoTimeout
property there becaue MINA works in non-blocking mode.  Does SoTimeout
affect the behavior even in non-blocking mode?  I'm not sure, but it
worths a try.  You'll have to modify the SocketIoProcessor.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [mina] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Posted by Jan Andersson <ja...@minq.se>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jan Andersson <ja...@minq.se>.
Trustin,

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Janne,

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:33:00 +0100, Jan Andersson <ja...@minq.se> wrote:
> Has anyone seen the following exception being thrown by Mina:
>
> java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the
> software in your host machine

This error can occur when the local network system aborts a
connection, such as when WinSock closes an established connection
after data retransmission fails (receiver never acknowledges data
sent). Possibly due to a data transmission timeout or protocol error.

It might be resolved by increasing socket timeout value, but I'm not
sure.  Could you try it and tell us the result if you don't mind?

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/