Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by * William <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/14 00:13:34 UTC

How can I prevent duplicate "binary directory"-s under Netbeans

Greetings Netbeans roasters,

I've seen this in the netbeans IDE log.  It is more than a warning it
messes up the editor, debugger and just makes life painful. See log snippet
below.

The project files are on the drive Mounted as /work under root on Linux.
Yet for some mysterious reason, Netbeans or java persists in digging into
the bowels and deriving a second path of:

   - file:/data/work/products

When the mounted path is:

   - file:/data/work/products

A similar thing happened with work was a Symbolic Link.  This problem
come-up on Linux and Windows and I would expect the same on a Mac when
anyone puts files on a path with Symbolic Links.  I don't know it it is a
Gradle artefact or not because we never say this with Ant and Maven builds
inside Netbeans.

Any suggestions or indights welcome?

WARNING
[org.netbeans.modules.java.preprocessorbridge.spi.CompileOnSaveAction]:
More than one binary directory for root:
file:/data/work/products/watchdog/relay/dev/lib/tmacs/foundation/TestingSupport/src/main/groovy/
WARNING [null]: Last record repeated 2 more times.
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.Watcher]: Cannot add filesystem
watch for
/data/work/products/watchdog/relay/dev/lib/tmacs/foundation/comms/build/classes/java:
java.io.IOException: addWatch on
/data/work/products/watchdog/relay/dev/lib/tmacs/foundation/comms/build/classes/java
errno: 2

Kind regards,

  aplatypus