Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sean Chittenden <se...@chittenden.org> on 2001/04/06 10:18:36 UTC

Lustful thought re: Apache 2.0... (was Re: Apache::Compress and Apache::Filter)

	I can't wait till stacked filters take care of this...  Apache
2.0/mod_perl 2.0 is going to really sweet....  maybe this weekend I'll
setup apache 2.0 as a proxy server back to my 1.3 boxes so I can use
filters....  hmmm.....  >:~)  -sc

	PS For those of you who weren't here, the mod_perl
2.0/Apache/2.0 talks by Doug/Ryan (respectively) were really awesome!!!
The demo from Doug was pretty damn swift...  imagine being able to do
s/before/after/g on a piece of outgoing data...  sessions have never
been more cool/easy.

--
Sean Chittenden

Re: Lustful thought re: Apache 2.0... (was Re: Apache::Compress and Apache::Filter)

Posted by modperl <mo...@thefriend.com>.
Hmm, We actually already have most of this implemented. Not persay
outgoing data though bucket brigade style though.

We just have an output module that handles all of this.  Print that object
rather then $r and it works really well.  Its actually more then just
s/before/after/g though,  we have that written as well, but being able to
go through and as the last thing before output is sent to the client
determine that we want a red background rather then white, or that certian
javascript should be put into the onload tag.

Rather fun.  The real idea for it actually came after listening to Ryan's
talk last year at OSS con and deciding we didn't want to wait that long
for it.

Sott