Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jonathan Roberts <jd...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/27 14:06:52 UTC

Re: another Starter's Question

If the xml works on your machine.

1. check that all the jar files can be found and are stated in the
classpath.

2. check that any objects you have created can be found in the classpath.

Regards

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
> But what I still don't understand is, why can't I just give the
directory
> with the jars files to the CLASSPATH,
> instead I have to put everey single jar-file on to it. Is this normal
for
> Java? All classpaths, before I customized them, never had a directly
> jar-file, but only directories. When I also do it that way, java
doesn't
> find the classes :-(
> So I did it the long way and put an entry for each jar on the
CLASSPATH

Any path in the classpath is either a jar or a directory.  Each path is
searched for class files.  In a sense, the class loader treats a jar as
a directory.

See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/tooldocs/windows/classpath.html
for classpath info.

Scott Nichol

Re: another Starter's Question

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

AW: another Starter's Question

Posted by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de>.
Hi Jonathan,

thanks for the hint. I have made the mistake to put the needde jars (soap,
xerces etc) in the
JRE lib/ext directory. I did it because I was to lazy changing the
CLASSPATH, so no wonder after I thought
about it, that this does not work. Now it works fine.
But what I still don't understand is, why can't I just give the directory
with the jars files to the CLASSPATH,
instead I have to put everey single jar-file on to it. Is this normal for
Java? All classpaths, before I customized them, never had a directly
jar-file, but only directories. When I also do it that way, java doesn't
find the classes :-(
So I did it the long way and put an entry for each jar on the CLASSPATH

bye
Malte