Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/13 21:42:27 UTC

Proxy configuration simple question

A little question.... if I ask for proxy configuration to Java Plug In

it returns something like...*

HTTP @ PROXYALGO/192.168.10.20:8080

when configuring proxy information in httpclient do I need to pass as the
host...

**PROXYALGO/192.168.10.20

or

**192.168.10.20

and just in case anybody knows..... why some proxies returns ****PROXYALGO/
while others not... is this the domain because is a windows machine the one
that returns the address like this...

thanks a lot...
**
*
--
David Castañeda R.

Re: Proxy configuration simple question

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
David Castañeda wrote:
> Oleg as always your help is great....
>
> can I ask you why setAuthorizationPreemptive(true) doesn't work when
> configuring NTCredentials.... ???
>
> :)
> I'll give my apport later to the project as soon as I can get some
> time....

David,
This is because only Basic authentication scheme (well, and
_theoretically_ Digest authentication provided certain conditions are
met) can be used for preemptive authentication. NTLM authentication
cannot be used preemptively due to its (supposedly more secure) design.

Oleg

Posted by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.