Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/20 12:14:27 UTC

Apache Licenses

I've been working through the 0.3 release candidate fixing problems with
licenses. I'm wondering if everyone knows how to check for
missing/incorrect licenses?

In case you don't, this is what I use:

mvn rat:check -fn
find . -name rat.txt | xargs grep \!\?\?

This gets a list of files with missing licenses.

You can also use

mvn -Prat install

This also checks for missing licenses and it's slightly more intelligent in that it recognises that things like MANIFEST.MF can be ignored.
It's also quite a memorable name for a flag.

Checking occasionally would would make life a lot easier for the next person who does a release :-)

Zoe

Re: Apache Licenses

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.
On 20/01/2011 11:22, Holly Cummins wrote:
> zoe slattery<zo...@gmail.com>  wrote on 01/20/2011 11:14:27 AM:
>
>> Checking occasionally would would make life a lot easier for the
>> next person who does a release :-)
> Would it be worth including a check in the build and failing the build if
> files without licenses are delivered? Or is that too heavy-handed?
>
> Holly
I think that's a good idea.
Zoe

Re: Apache Licenses