Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Divij Vaidya <di...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/22 12:42:20 UTC

[DISCUSS] hasKey() should throw an error when invoked on Element traverser

Hey folks

I have created a JIRA to modify the behaviour of hasKey() step when invoked
for traversers of type Element. Please take a look and let me know if I am
missing anything here wrt semantics of this step. Since it's a breaking
change, we would want to add it to 3.6.0 only.

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2710

Regards,
Divij Vaidya

Re: [DISCUSS] hasKey() should throw an error when invoked on Element traverser

Posted by David Bechberger <da...@bechberger.com>.
Hello Divij,

I added a few comments to the JIRA and agree that the behavior is
inconsistent but have a different proposal.  Let me know what you think?

Dave