Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/22 12:45:45 UTC

How the request from front-end js reaches the back-end in Shindig(Java)

Hello,

I am new to Shindig. I want to learn about the Shindig Architecture.

I found good information from :
http://chrisschalk.com/shindig_docs/rajdeep/shindig-overview/onjava-shindig-overview-tidy.html
.

I have some questions regarding the Open Social Server side implementation.
Once the call opensocial.newDataRequest() is invoked from a gadget xml, what
are the steps followed in order to make a request to the GadgetDataServlet
of server side?
How the flow happens from the front-end javascript up to invoking the
servlet in the back-end?

I would be grateful if some one can guide me with understanding this.

Thanks,

Umashanthi