Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 05:22:52 UTC

should I make some changes to the JIRA configuration?

Hi,

Upon not seeing OPENJPA-3 turn up on the dev list I took a look at the
notification scheme.

Currently:
- notifications for all events are sent to those in
openjpa-developers. shall I change that to mail
open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org instead?

- the permissions give a couple of unnecessary powers to jira-users
(they can be assigned issues which is ok, but they can also resolve
issues they didn't open and view who has voted/watched an issue), and
the rest either go to jira-administrators or nobody. Shall I Set this
up in a more standard configuration for openjpa-developers?

Cheers,
Brett

Re: should I make some changes to the JIRA configuration?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
ok, these are both done. Craig had already tweaked the permissions,
but I changed them some more:
- openjpa-developers have full control of the project and its issues
(previously some was jira-admins only)
- jira-users can no longer close or delete issues (but they can
resolve them if they are the reporter or assignee. jira-users is
anyone that is logged in)
- issues can be assigned to jira-users, but only by an openjpa-developer
- issues are now browsable by those not logged in with an account
(needed to send mail)

The mail is now working (and will no longer go to individuals so it
won't double up).

Cheers,
Brett

--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org
"Better Builds with Maven" book - http://library.mergere.com/

RE: should I make some changes to the JIRA configuration?

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@bea.com>.
Yes and yes, I'd say.

-Patrick

--