Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com> on 2011/06/01 01:35:13 UTC

Strange behaviour in tapestry app

Hi,

I'm working on a Tapestry application using the 5.3.0 version of Tapestry.

At this stage I have an application with just an Index page and a single
Action Link.

The ActionLink executes some code that calls our secure messaging apis
to send an xml message via a web service call.

If I call the piece of code from a main() function and run it using the
maven execute plugin everything works fine.

If I run the application using jetty:run and call the code from the
handler for the action link and step through the code the debugger
highlights the wrong lines (comment lines) and variables that shouldn't
be null are null and the web service call fails.

I've added code to print out the classpath and the only difference
between running as a standalone app or tapestry app are:

Standalone App has servlet-api-2.5.jar and Tapestry App has
geronimo-spec-jta-1.0-M1.jar

Both are being run from the same POM.

Is there anything that Tapestry is doing that could be corrupting the
Java stack?

This is a really puzzling issue. I'd appreciate any pointers on how to
track this down.

Regards,

Greg.

Re: Strange behaviour in tapestry app

Posted by Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com>.
Thanks for reply.

Looks the error was caused by a missing xmlsec-2.0.