Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2011/07/01 10:35:55 UTC

Re: Qpid specific properties for retrieving information

On 06/30/2011 08:15 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Gordon Sim<gs...@redhat.com>  wrote:
>> On 06/30/2011 05:43 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>>>
>>> Sharing and documenting these props will help ensure that all clients
>>> support it to provide a uniform experience to our end users.
>>
>> Agreed.
>>
>>> I have collection what I know so far here [1]. If anybody knows about
>>> other props feel free to add it there or simple respond to this email.
>>>
>>> I also suggest we follow a naming convention. Based on what we have, I
>>> see the following being used.
>>>
>>> 1. For retrieving AMQP specific information (Ex the routing-key.)
>>> x-amqp-<amqp-version>.<property-name>     - Ex   x-amqp-0-10.routing-key,
>>> x-amqp-0-10.app-id
>>
>> The c++ client also has x-amqp-0-10.content-encoding, I think more for
>> completeness than any specific need to use it.
>
> As requested on the user list, this would be a useful addition for JMS clients.

Note that is content-encoding, not content-type. Having content-type
exposed in JMS is indeed very valuable. content-encoding as a separate
field in 0-10 is not used as far as I'm aware. The content-type is
(however in the messaging API it is exposed directly, these special
properties are only used to access 0-10 specific fields not deemed to
have generic counterparts).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org