Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2019/05/30 06:29:24 UTC

Plan to host the first "Kylin Data Summit" event

Hello Kylin developers and users,

We (Kyligence Inc) planned to host the first "Kylin Data Summit" event at
Shanghai, China. This event is going to provide a place to share, discuss
the technology and trends in Big Data domain. The presentors and target
audiences are big data engineers, data analysts and others who are
interested in the data analysis domain. I’m writing to the community for
the approval of using Apache Kylin trademark on such an event. After
getting Kylin PMC approval, we will submit the request to the VP of ASF
band management. The process is from
https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events.html#approval

The information about this event is as follows:

   - *What is the topic focus of the event*

Big Data, OLAP, Apache Kylin and other big data technologies like Apache
Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.

   - *Who is organising the event*

Kyligence Inc. and InfoQ China

   - *When is the event*

12th, July.

   - *How many attendees are expected*

500 expected attendees.

   - *How much PMC involvement is there already*

Some Apache Kylin’s PMC members are involved in the organization of Kylin
Data Summit, such as Billy Liu, Yang Li, Shaofeng Shi. Several PMC will
give speech on this event: Luke, Yanghong Zhong.

   - *Which marks are requested*

The name and logo of Apache Kylin, the Apache feather logo.

   - *How would you propose that the ASF will be listed as a community
   partner?*

Community Partner

   - *How will the event selection work?*

We have a selection group for this event, formed by the PMCs that will
attend the event. We will invite the community users to prepare proposal,
and then make a vote in the selection group

*Is this for profit or non-profit?*

Profit, with some free tickets to community contributors.

   - *The event’s related site and marketing materials*

They are still under construction.

Please share your comment or suggestions, thank you!

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org

Re: Plan to host the first "Kylin Data Summit" event

Posted by Zhixiong Chen <zh...@kyligence.io>.
+1

I am very happy to have this opportunity to interact with other kylin users.

Posted by Cheng wang <ch...@kyligence.io>.
+1,
It would be a meaningful event, which provides a great opportunity for KYLIN uses to share ideas and technologies, hoping it will move KYLIN to next level.

Best regards
Cheng

From: ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 2:30 PM
To: dev <de...@kylin.apache.org>, user <us...@kylin.apache.org>
Subject: Plan to host the first "Kylin Data Summit" event

Email: shaofengshi@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org<ma...@kylin.apache.org>
Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org<ma...@kylin.apache.org>

Re: Plan to host the first "Kylin Data Summit" event

Posted by Guosheng Lu <gu...@kyligence.io>.
Looking forward to it!  +1

陆国圣 /  Guosheng Lu
前端工程师 / Software Engineer

电话 / Mobile: 13914708027
http://kyligence.io<http://kyligence.io/>
[cid:image001.png@01D517B8.BF173C50]

发件人: JiaTao Tao <ta...@gmail.com>
答复: "user@kylin.apache.org" <us...@kylin.apache.org>
日期: 2019年5月30日 星期四 下午7:32
收件人: dev <de...@kylin.apache.org>
抄送: user <us...@kylin.apache.org>
主题: Re: Plan to host the first "Kylin Data Summit" event

Looking forward to it!

--

Regards!
Aron Tao

ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>> 于2019年5月30日周四 上午6:29写道:

Posted by Guosheng Lu <gu...@kyligence.io>.
Looking forward to it!  +1

Posted by JiaTao Tao <ta...@gmail.com>.
Looking forward to it!

Posted by 潘 俍颀 <ju...@hotmail.com>.
+1, It’s awesome.

Thanks & Regards
Julian

在 2019年5月30日,下午3:15,Ma Gang <mg...@163.com>> 写道:

+1, looking forward to it.

Posted by 潘 俍颀 <ju...@hotmail.com>.
+1, It’s awesome.

Posted by Ma Gang <mg...@163.com>.
+1, looking forward to it.

Posted by JiaTao Tao <ta...@gmail.com>.
Looking forward to it!

Posted by Cheng wang <ch...@kyligence.io>.
+1,

Posted by Ma Gang <mg...@163.com>.
+1, looking forward to it.

Posted by nichunen <ni...@apache.org>.
+1.

Cool, a great opportunity to share experience on Kylin.

Best regards,

Ni Chunen / George

On 05/30/2019 19:52,kangkaisen<ka...@apache.org> wrote:
+1, It’s awesome.

Best regards.

Kaisen Kang

--
Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Plan to host the first "Kylin Data Summit" event

Posted by kangkaisen <ka...@apache.org>.
+1, It’s awesome.

Best regards.

Kaisen Kang