Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2010/04/23 06:34:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release candidate for ATS v2.0.0

Hi all,

I've prepared a package (and sigs) for a 2.0.0 release candidate. Please
take a look at it, check STATUS/README/CHANGES, build and test it,
verify the sigs, basically, make sure it's a solid release candidate.
Since this is a 2.0.x release, only Linux is supported. When you are
done, cast your +/-/0 votes, I'm aiming for a release on 4/28/2010,
assuming no issues are found.

    http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/

-rw-r--r--  1 zwoop  zwoop  2851995 Apr 23 04:22 trafficserver-2.0.0.tar.bz2
-rw-r--r--  1 zwoop  zwoop      836 Apr 23 04:22
trafficserver-2.0.0.tar.bz2.asc
-rw-r--r--  1 zwoop  zwoop       62 Apr 23 04:22
trafficserver-2.0.0.tar.bz2.md5
-rw-r--r--  1 zwoop  zwoop       70 Apr 23 04:22
trafficserver-2.0.0.tar.bz2.sha1

SHA1: c5625a55fd3ca30a7a915aa8ead76f7e1b2624ab  trafficserver-2.0.0.tar.bz2
MD5: a271265c430c1f1e51a91f280fa4513c  trafficserver-2.0.0.tar.bz2

Thanks!

-- leif

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate for ATS v2.0.0

Posted by Jason <ja...@gmail.com>.
Totally right.  Just checked the ts site now and saw the instructions are
pointing to the svn readme.  This is a good candidate for a wiki page.

I can put up a nice chart with the various operating systems i'll be
checking with versions on that wiki.

How far back do we want to go with distro releases?

- Jason

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@acm.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason <ja...@gmail.com>.
yeah there are still paths that need checking (gota work on that).  I can
work on the script to make sure it works on 8.04 and perhaps i can also do a
10.00 test.  I do prefer LTS on dedicated but admit I've been focusing on
9.10 for EC2.  Other than the script, did the build work using the sqlite3
packages on 8.04?

Some info on the script for anyone wanting to know, there are a lot of users
on EC2 which don't have a clue how to use Linux much (many migrate from
Windows for the cost savings).  My goal was to make it as easy as apt-get
for those users.

Think your way to advance for this script JP ;-)

basically when you freshBuild, it pulls source into /mnt/trafficserver (/mnt
on ec2 is where your instance storage beings).

forceBuild needs to have the source there (at the location freshBuild puts
it) to start. (I will fix the hanging part)

if you do downloaded the source outside the install script you can change
the locations in the script to the svn tree you pulled down, thats probably
what hanged on your system.  I hope :-P

EC2_EPHEMERAL=/your dir
PROJECT=/sub folder where configure
SVN_LOC=/thee three

ultimately configure runs in the path pointed to FULL_BUILD_PATH:

FULL_BUILD_PATH=$EC2_EPHEMERAL/$PROJECT/$SVN_LOC

If you just want to see the configure options, they will be displayed
as soon as you run the script.  Those options get passed directly to
configure.

autoreconf -i --force
./configure $CONFIGURE_OPTIONS

Does a make/install after that which is pretty much all the script does.

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@acm.org>.

Posted by Jason <ja...@gmail.com>.
JP,

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@acm.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <le...@ogre.com>.
On 04/23/2010 04:44 PM, John Plevyak wrote:
> That code is now from Bind 9.5.2-P2 which has different license.
>

> I can make the changes in the trunk and 2.0.X... does this warrant
> rebuilding the release package?

I think so, I can respin it tonight.

Thanks for fixing this John, and good catch Miles!

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@acm.org>.
On further inspection it seems that while this is the overall
copyright, the particular file in question has an additional
copyright which includes the offending clause.

However we have the legal right to remove that clause as per:

ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change

via wikipedia

I have done so on the files in question in both the 2.0.X line and
the trunk.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

john

Posted by George Paul <ge...@apache.org>.
Okay tested pkg sigs and TS on Ubuntu 9.04 and no issues.
+1 for this latest RC.
-George

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 04/23/2010 07:38 PM, John Plevyak wrote:

> Regarding the copyright change.  Since the code
> didn't change if we need the copyright changes then
> we should just be able to rebuild the package and release
> if we get the vote.

A new set of files are on

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@acm.org>.

Regarding the copyright change.  Since the code
didn't change if we need the copyright changes then
we should just be able to rebuild the package and release
if we get the vote.

+1 to release either way

john

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate for ATS v2.0.0

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@acm.org>.

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.
Did we do anything with

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.