Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/29 17:53:53 UTC

Re: [Mifos-developer] [IMPORTANT] Query regarding standard address table

+1 from my side to making client address a standard out of the box feature
as a part of the core client record provided we address sander's feedback
from the previous thread on this on April 12 -
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-fineract-dev/201604.mbox/browser
and make the fields generic enough such that it supports the most common
address formats used worldwide. We should incorporate all the feedback and
discussion from that thread regarding turning these fields on and off and
the proper field-level validations.

This is coming up on numerous active threads and I thank Nayan for
recognizing all the different use cases where not having address fields as
part of core client record is an inhibitor.

Posted by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Markus for the support and the pointer to the ISO standard, looks
like ISO spec are not available for free :(

@Ed, sometimes solutions are simple and known but we tend to over think
about problem as complex, if I look back and see the implementation of
Mifos 2,x, we had option to enable, disable and make fields mandatory, we
can simply adapt the same strategy here, if some one is not interest to use
the address, just disable it and continue with data table.

@Nikil,
Can you come-up with data model for the same and share with dev community
for review, so that you can start working on immediately.

also please read the discussion at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/307027/is-this-a-good-way-to-model-address-information-in-a-relational-database

Thanks
Nayan Ambali

Thanks and Regards,
Nayan Ambali
+91 9591996042
skype: nayangambali

AW: [Mifos-developer] [IMPORTANT] Query regarding standard address table

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@theupscale.in>.

Fwd: [Mifos-developer] [IMPORTANT] Query regarding standard address table

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.

Posted by srinivasa Rao Yedida <sr...@gmail.com>.
HI

Address should be the part to the client profile even there should be two
type of address are very important to the profile.

1) Communication address
2) Permanent address

+ I vote for adding this option