Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arnd Beißner <ar...@cappelino.de> on 2003/06/08 22:52:36 UTC

Re: linefeed-treatment

Keiron Liddle wrote:

> > <fo:block>
> > Hello
> > </fo:block>
>
> > is rendered to a line which starts with a space character.
> > Is this correct? And is the implementation in fop 0.20.4 false,
> > which don't considered the starting space character?

> So fop 0.20.4 is correct and Fop1.0dev cvs is partially correct but the
> layout manager(s) does not suppress the leading space properly. That a
> bug probably in the LineLayoutManager.
>
> I'm not sure where in the spec it talks about suppressing spaces but I'm
> sure it is in there somewhere.

I just stumbled over this rather old thread while wondering about the
above situation.

The relevant spec part is the property "suppress-at-line-break". It
defaults to "auto" which in turn
means suppress is on for code point U+0020 and off for all others. No area
is generated (ok, the
specs says an area is generated and then deleted 8-)).

--
Cappelino Informationstechnologie GmbH
Arnd Beißner