Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by jeff saremi <je...@hotmail.com> on 2017/03/06 19:04:43 UTC

Newbie Question: Can Slider detect application exit and restart if needed?

We're currently having issues with our Yarn jobs where they exist without our knowledge.
is there anyway that Slider alleviates this concern?
thanks

Jeff

Re: Newbie Question: Can Slider detect application exit and restart if needed?

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
The AM is a special container in each YARN application that requests
resources for the application and monitors them once they are allocated
(see
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YARN.html
for general information about YARN). If just the AM goes down, YARN will
restart it. In Slider's implementation of an AM, the AM will usually
continue where it left off. But there are still things that can make the
entire application go down. Slider has a configurable parameter for how
many container failures it will allow before it stops the application.

Are you using some kind of custom AM?

Posted by jeff saremi <je...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Billie,

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.