Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@aiki-it.de> on 2014/08/20 12:47:53 UTC

failures mails - sorry

Hi folks,

I'm sorry for spamming all of us with those Jenkins mails - it seems
that the JenkinsCI is even more instable than the buildbot stuff.

I'm trying to get in touch with INFRA/BUILD to solve things in our
favour. Luckily I'm able to see errors in Jenkins, while buildbot still
remains a mystery to me.

Is it normal that jobs hang in the build queue for roughly 3 hours
before failing due to SVN-timeouts? I can't imagine that bigger
ASF-projects can work under these circumstances.

Cheers,
Phil

Re: failures mails - sorry

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@aiki-it.de>.
Hi *,

Am 20.08.2014 um 22:22 schrieb P. Ottlinger:
> Our project's main page in Jenkins is:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Creadur/
> It's still work in progress.

After feedback from infra I've bound all of our jobs to
"!ubuntu-5 && ubuntu" since its the most reliable build environment.

Not sure about the not running buildbots for Tentacles/Whisker ...

> @Dennis: can you help with the animal-sniffer-stuff to verify that
> tentacles uses JDK6 and whisker JDK5 properly?

Maybe there's some space for that after 0.11 is finally out :-)

Thanks,
Phil

Re: failures mails - sorry

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@aiki-it.de>.
Hi again,

Am 20.08.2014 um 12:47 schrieb P. Ottlinger:
> I'm sorry for spamming all of us with those Jenkins mails - it seems
> that the JenkinsCI is even more instable than the buildbot stuff.

I've reconfigured the mail notifications - hopefully (after people from
infra helped to fix the build slaves
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDS-10
) there should be less mails.

Our project's main page in Jenkins is:
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Creadur/
It's still work in progress.

@Dennis: can you help with the animal-sniffer-stuff to verify that
tentacles uses JDK6 and whisker JDK5 properly?

Thanks
Phil