Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by BORIS MELAMED <bo...@weather.com> on 2016/11/01 16:04:05 UTC

Many failing unit tests, prior to any changes. NoSuchFieldError: rpc_port

Hello,

(If there is a more appropriate channel for posing my question, please
point me to it.)

I have created my own fork of the Cassandra trunk, and prior to making any
changes, have built and run 'build - test' in my IDEA env, iOS.
I'm getting:

Ant build completed with 296 errors and 792 warnings in 11m 57s at
10/31/16, 1:22 PM

Running tests from command line seems to give the same results (I did not
wait, but many similar errors).

Many errors like this:

Testcase: org.apache.cassandra.triggers.TriggersSchemaTest: Caused an ERROR
rpc_port
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: rpc_port
at
org.apache.cassandra.OffsetAwareConfigurationLoader.loadConfig(OffsetAwareConfigurationLoader.java:52)
at
org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.loadConfig(DatabaseDescriptor.java:261)
at
org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.daemonInitialization(DatabaseDescriptor.java:140)
at org.apache.cassandra.cql3.CQLTester.<clinit>(CQLTester.java:101)
at org.apache.cassandra.SchemaLoader.prepareServer(SchemaLoader.java:69)
at org.apache.cassandra.SchemaLoader.loadSchema(SchemaLoader.java:51)
at
org.apache.cassandra.triggers.TriggersSchemaTest.beforeTest(TriggersSchemaTest.java:45)

Test org.apache.cassandra.triggers.TriggersSchemaTest FAILED

But code shows the Config class to have this field defined:

    public int rpc_port = 9160;

Any advice?

---
*Boris Melamed*  |Software Engineer
*w:* ++972-545691126      *e: boris.melamed@weather.com
<bo...@weather.com>*
<http://weather.com/apps> <http://weather.com/apps>

Re: Many failing unit tests, prior to any changes. NoSuchFieldError: rpc_port

Posted by BORIS MELAMED <bo...@weather.com>.
OK, I've created a new worktree. Did not create IDEA files there. Just ran
'ant', and then 'ant test', in a terminal window.
There, I'm not getting the 'java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: rpc_port' errors,
and only about 13 tests fail, some of them "crashing":

untitled text 9:1348:     [junit] Testcase:
testStandardDirs(org.apache.cassandra.db.DirectoriesTest)FAILED
untitled text 9:1354:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.db.DirectoriesTest FAILED
untitled text 9:1507:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.db.RecoveryManagerFlushedTest FAILED (crashed)
untitled text 9:1526:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.db.RecoveryManagerMissingHeaderTest FAILED (crashed)
untitled text 9:1545:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.db.RecoveryManagerTest FAILED (crashed)
untitled text 9:1564:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.db.RecoveryManagerTruncateTest FAILED (crashed)
untitled text 9:3422:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLogTest FAILED
untitled text 9:3459:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLogUpgradeTest FAILED
untitled text 9:3503:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.SegmentReaderTest FAILED
untitled text 9:4210:     [junit] Testcase:
encryptedHints(org.apache.cassandra.hints.HintsEncryptionTest): FAILED
untitled text 9:4217:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.hints.HintsEncryptionTest FAILED
untitled text 9:5055:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.security.CipherFactoryTest FAILED
untitled text 9:5093:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.security.EncryptionUtilsTest FAILED
untitled text 9:5275:     [junit] Test
org.apache.cassandra.service.RemoveTest FAILED

*Boris Melamed*  |Software Engineer
*w:* ++972-545691126      *e: boris.melamed@weather.com
<bo...@weather.com>*
<http://weather.com/apps> <http://weather.com/apps>
<http://weather.com/apps> <http://weather.com/apps>
<http://weather.com/apps> <http://weather.com/apps>

Posted by BORIS MELAMED <bo...@weather.com>.
Actually, 279 out of 296 failing tests seem to fail with this same error:
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: rpc_port
at org.apache.cassandra.OffsetAwareConfigurationLoader.loadConfig(
OffsetAwareConfigurationLoader.java:52)

*Boris Melamed*  |Software Engineer
*w:* ++972-545691126      *e: boris.melamed@weather.com
<bo...@weather.com>*
<http://weather.com/apps> <http://weather.com/apps>
<http://weather.com/apps> <http://weather.com/apps>
<http://weather.com/apps> <http://weather.com/apps>

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Licata, Christopher (CONT) <

Posted by "Licata, Christopher (CONT)" <Ch...@capitalone.com>.

Posted by BORIS MELAMED <bo...@weather.com>.

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Boris,