Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Paul Holding <pa...@pholding.co.uk> on 2014/12/07 00:14:09 UTC

Re: Has anyone tried the Shiro 2.0 branch?

Hi Les

Just wondering whether there there have been any significant changes to
native session management in Shiro 2.0? The reason for the question is I've
encountered several issues when using native sessions in a web based JSF and
CDI application and before I start digging into the Shiro 1.2.3 code, I
would be interesting to know if there is likely to be any impovements in
this area in the Shiro 2.0 branch.

Also, have you got any estimate for when Shiro 2.0 is likely to be released?

Many Thanks

Paul

Re: Has anyone tried the Shiro 2.0 branch?

Posted by KonradZuse <Th...@hotmail.com>.
so I'm curious how 2.0s will be implemented.  Currently Shiro-Web is JSP
tags, while there is a "Shirofaces" github I have been having issues with
JSF and Shiro a little bit when converting my code from JSP to JSF.

It seems that Shiro can be implemented (currently) on any platform if you
want to go about creating that implementation as Shiro is JSP for the web or
Java (which seems to be how you create the other implementations).

Thanks!

Re: Has anyone tried the Shiro 2.0 branch?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Paul,

No estimate at the moment - my hope was for this year, or Q1 2015, but
that's always dependent upon team development schedules and our 'real' day
jobs ;)

The aren't any major overhauls for session management planned at the
moment, but we should try to fix whatever problems you were seeing.  It
does make sense to me to ensure that the 3.1 servlet APIs are working (e.g.
HttpServletRequest authenticate, login and logout).

I'm curious - what were the blockers for you w/ JSF and CDI?

(side note: I'm still super frustrated that Dependency Injection isn't
available to the core Servlet API)

Cheers,

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood