Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by AHMET ARSLAN <aa...@anadolu.edu.tr> on 2007/11/19 18:15:54 UTC

Invalid value 'explicit' for echoParams parameter

I am a newbie at solr. I have done everything in the solr tutorial section. I am using the latest versions of both JDK(1.6.03) and Solr(2.2). I can see the solr admin page http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/ But when I hit the search button I receive an http error:

HTTP ERROR: 400

Invalid value 'explicit' for echoParams parameter, use 'EXPLICIT' or 'ALL'
RequestURI=/solr/select/

I also tried to run solr under Tomcat but again I was unsuccessful.

Any solutions or document links will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help...

Re: Invalid value 'explicit' for echoParams parameter

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
AHMET ARSLAN wrote:
> I am a newbie at solr. I have done everything in the solr tutorial section. I am using the latest versions of both JDK(1.6.03) and Solr(2.2). I can see the solr admin page http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/ But when I hit the search button I receive an http error:
>
> HTTP ERROR: 400
>
> Invalid value 'explicit' for echoParams parameter, use 'EXPLICIT' or 'ALL'
> RequestURI=/solr/select/
>
> I also tried to run solr under Tomcat but again I was unsuccessful.
>
> Any solutions or document links will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks for your help...

what is the URL when you get this error?

Have you edited the solrconfig.xml?  What happens if you put:
&echoParams=explicit in the query?