Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jo...@aol.com on 2000/07/01 12:54:08 UTC

Persistent UNIX Sockets like DBI?

Hello, I've been looking around for a module that will set up a
persistent connection to either a AF_UNIX socket or a fifo.

I think I can get away with using either technique because I
understand that writes on these devices are atomic if the data
is less than some small number of K. (where K = 4?)

I'd be happy to write them myself (yes, I wish I would think of
something useful so I could be on CPAN) but I don't want to reinvent
the toaster oven.

I'd probably use Apache::DBI as a model.

Thank you for reading this. Does anybody have any input that might
give me a reason why this shouldn't be done, can't be done? Perhaps
it has already been done?

-Josh "Don't have me because I'm AOL" Narins