Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> on 2015/03/10 09:52:17 UTC

Re: Downloads on the web site

On 10.03.2015 09:44, Branko Čibej wrote:
> Can you guys please remove the download link to RC1 from the Ignite web
> site. It's never been released and the link there is extremely confusing
> to potential users, who may think that it is an ASF release.

Furthermore, download links should never point at the ASF servers but at
the closest mirror. And mirrors are only populated from released versions.

-- Brane

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Good news, thanks for the update

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
If ever in doubt - here's the licensing page from ASF legal@

    http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

Thanks for resolving the issue, Dmitriy!
  Cos

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@gridgain.com>.

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Interesting read, Denis, although there's more shades in it than SDtimes can
be aware about.

Dima, I was referring to this blog-post
    https://www.datastax.com/2016/10/take-a-bow-planet-cassandra

but has posted a link to this very thread instead. THanks for catching that!

Cos

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

—

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Cos, this link is wrong.

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Konstantin I Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 07:20PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I think it should do in the meanwhile. Still would be great to have a
> > simple
> > DEVNOTES where ppl can learn how to build binaries from git. Then all you'd
> > need to do is to give them a tag for an RC or else.
> >

> We have it in RC3.

That'd make sense to have on the web as well - so new contributors/users can
easily figure out what to do. But I presume it is coming.

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Downloads on the web site

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.