Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Tim Robertson <ti...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/20 16:52:57 UTC

Developers sought for web crawling project

Hi all,

Disclosure: I have been an active member of the Hadoop / HBase / Hive
mailing lists for some time.  I am not a recruiter, but looking to
increase a development team that I lead.  I sincerely apologize if
this message is against mailing list etiquette; I have not seen any
guidelines forbidding this.

We are looking to expand the development team based in Copenhagen,
Denmark.  We run and operate an indexing system that provides access
to biodiversity information, and specifically 100s millions of point
based observations of species occurrence documented in the past
century.  Our live system is outgrowing a MySQL database, and we are
already tentatively using Hive, Hadoop and have run some tests using
HBase.  Over the next 16 months we will rework the whole system,
including custom reporting, custom maps and other visualizations, real
time search indexes, reducing latency, quality control integration,
custom vocabulary work etc.  Our final architecture will likely
include Hive, Hadoop, HBase, Lucene (SOLR / ElasticSearch?), Sqoop and
PostGIS.  If you are familiar with these technologies, and the thought
of some time working in Europe appeals to you, then we'd love to hear
from you.  Guidelines for applications are on the advert:
http://tinyurl.com/gbif-dev-job

Thanks,
Tim

RE: Developers sought for web crawling project

Posted by Emma Russell <em...@russellwinterassociates.com>.
Hi Tim,

Try looking for people on experts exchange. I am a high tech recruiter for
the uk and I often look for people on ee as I can see not only the best
answers but also an insight into how the person thinks and which areas they
have the most strength

Hope this helps

Emma Russell
SVP Major Accounts
Dir    0208 498 9398
Fax   0208 498 9399
Mob  0778 229 5086
emma@russellwinterassociates.com

20 Roebuck Lane Buckhurst Hill Essex IG9 5QN.    P. 0208 498 9398   F. 0208
498 9399
Russell Winter Associates Limited is registered in England and Wales at 2nd
Floor 196 High Road London N22 8HH. Registered Number. 04896428.

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and
may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.  If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Tim,

You can try jobs@apache.org, its meant for this purpose.

Sorry for the noise. I belong to Apache MINA team and just getting
started here :)

thanks
ashish

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Developers sought for web crawling project

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Tim,