Posted to user@madlib.apache.org by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io> on 2020/04/10 17:38:47 UTC

[Announce] Apache MADlib v1.17.0 released

The Apache MADlib team is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of the 1.17.0 release.

The main goals of this release are:

New features
    - DL: Add optional params to madlib_keras_fit_multiple_model
(MADLIB-1397)
    - DL: Fit and evaluate changes for asymmetric cluster config
(MADLIB-1393)
    - DL: Make param search fit() function work with existing evaluate and
predict (MADLIB-1387)
    - DL: ParamSearch: Add utility function for generating model selection
table (MADLIB-1375)
    - DL: Predict changes for asymmetric cluster config (MADLIB-1394)
    - DL: Preprocessor should evenly distribute data on an arbitrary number
of segments (MADLIB-1378)
    - DL: Preprocessor support for asymmetric segment distribution
(MADLIB-1392)
    - DL: Remove model_arch_table column from the output of
load_model_selection_table (MADLIB-1381)
    - DL: Support DL predict without training on MADlib (MADLIB-1359)
    - DL: Transfer learning for multi-model (MADLIB-1389)
    - Kmeans: Add simple silhouette score for every point (MADLIB-1382)
    - Kmeans: Select number of centroids in k-means (MADLIB-1380)
    - PostgreSQL 12 support (MADLIB-1391)

Improvements:
    - Assoc rules: Add option to set number of posterior in association
rules (MADLIB-1327)
    - Correlation: Improve correlation and covariance memory usage with
large number of groups (MADLIB-1301)
    - DL: helper function for asymmetric cluster config (MADLIB-1390)
    - DL: Mini-batch preprocessor for images - performance issue
(MADLIB-1342)
    - DL: Modify warm start logic for DL to handle case of missing weight
(MADLIB-1400)
    - DL: Param search for multiple models on MPP architecture (MADLIB-1386)
    - DL: performance improvements to fit transition function (MADLIB-1418)
    - Docs: Enhance Installation Guides (MADLIB-1399)
    - Graph: SSSP should not show vertices in output table that are
unreachable (MADLIB-1415)
    - Knn - add zero check and output distance array (MADLIB-1370)
    - LDA: Add stopping criteria on perplexity to LDA (MADLIB-1351)
    - SVM: Change default num_components for SVM to max(100,
2*num_features) (MADLIB-1384)

All release changes can be found here:

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.17.0

You can download the source release and convenience binary packages
from Apache MADlib's download page here:

  http://madlib.apache.org/download.html

Alternatively, you can download through an ASF mirror near you:

  https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/madlib/1.17.0

----

Apache MADlib is an open-source library for scalable in-database
analytics. It provides data-parallel implementations of mathematical,
statistical and machine learning methods for structured and
unstructured data.

The MADlib mission: to foster widespread development of scalable
analytic skills, by harnessing efforts from commercial practice,
academic research, and open-source development.

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
https://madlib.apache.org

----

Thank you, everyone, who contributed to the 1.17.0 release. We look
forward to continued community participation for the next release!

Regards,
Orhan Kislal

Re: [Announce] Apache MADlib v1.17.0 released

Posted by Peter Stahl <ps...@pivotal.io>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Peter Stahl <ps...@pivotal.io>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Nikhil Kak <nk...@pivotal.io>.

wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>   https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/madlib/1.17.0
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Apache MADlib is an open-source library for scalable in-database
>> analytics. It provides data-parallel implementations of mathematical,
>> statistical and machine learning methods for structured and
>> unstructured data.
>>
>> The MADlib mission: to foster widespread development of scalable
>> analytic skills, by harnessing efforts from commercial practice,
>> academic research, and open-source development.
>>
>> We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
>> report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
>> https://madlib.apache.org
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Thank you, everyone, who contributed to the 1.17.0 release. We look
>> forward to continued community participation for the next release!

Nikhil Kak

Re: [Announce] Apache MADlib v1.17.0 released

Posted by Nikhil Kak <nk...@pivotal.io>.

wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>   https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/madlib/1.17.0
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Apache MADlib is an open-source library for scalable in-database
>> analytics. It provides data-parallel implementations of mathematical,
>> statistical and machine learning methods for structured and
>> unstructured data.
>>
>> The MADlib mission: to foster widespread development of scalable
>> analytic skills, by harnessing efforts from commercial practice,
>> academic research, and open-source development.
>>
>> We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
>> report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
>> https://madlib.apache.org
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Thank you, everyone, who contributed to the 1.17.0 release. We look
>> forward to continued community participation for the next release!

Nikhil Kak

Re: [Announce] Apache MADlib v1.17.0 released

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Thank you Orhan!

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Thank you Orhan!