Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/04 17:41:52 UTC

[DISCUSS] ASF Board Draft Report - April 2017

Here's a draft of the board report for April. Please let me know if you
think there's anything else we might add. Note that there is one
outstanding issue that might make it on here related to PMC membership -
we'll see if that shakes out before this needs to be submitted to the board.

--------------------------------

Apache TinkerPop is a graph computing framework for both graph databases
(OLTP) and graph analytic systems (OLAP).

## Activity:
The TinkerPop PMC voted positively to add a new committer, but that
person declined when invited, preferring instead to continue to contribute
as they have been.

TinkerPop released versions 3.1.6 and 3.2.5. New development has started
on  the follow-on releases to those versions and work for the new major
line of 3.3.0 continues.

The wider TinkerPop community saw some growth with the annoucement of the
release of ChronoGraph[1], a versioned graph database that implements the
TinkerPop interfaces. Also of note, JanusGraph[2] (formerly Titan) is
under development at the Linux Foundation. JanusGraph continues in the
steps of Titan in also implementing the TinkerPop interfaces.

There were also a number of talks given related to TinkerPop and the
Gremlin language. Jason Plurad, a PMC member, gave one such talk[3].

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Releases:
- 3.1.6 (February 8, 2017)
- 3.2.4 (February 8, 2017)

## PMC/Committer:

- Last PMC addition was Jason Plurad - August 2016
- Last committer addition was Robert Dale - October 2016

## Links

[1] https://github.com/MartinHaeusler/chronos/
[2] http://janusgraph.org/
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kTqqvBzL60

Re: [DISCUSS] ASF Board Draft Report - April 2017

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
The board report has been submitted with a few minor tweaks. Thanks for the
feedback.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hi,